Every child in Reception, Year One and Year Two is offered a free school meal, known as a Universal Free School Meal. Our meals are cooked at The King Alfred School in Highbridge and then transported to us daily.
Free School Meals
If you think your child might be entitled to Free School Meals, please use the online checker.
Parents will need to reapply at the end of every 2nd, 4th and 6th term (3 times a year) and eligibility will last for two terms.
To claim free school meals you must receive one of these benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker’s allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of state pension credit
- child tax credit: provided you are not entitled to working tax credit (unless four week run on) and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
Please claim for Free School Meals even if your child is entitled to Universal Free School Meals as the school is given extra funding in the form of a Pupil Premium Grant, which is used to provide additional support within the school. Please take a look at our Pupil Premium information.
Universal Free School Meals
Children in Reception, Y1 and Y2 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals.