Governance is an important aspect of school life and our governors who are all unpaid volunteers represent many aspects of the local community. The duration of the Term of Office for a governor is normally 4 years, free training is available and all governors commit to undertaking relevant training as appropriate throughout the time they are in office.
We have one committee which focuses on, Teaching, Learning, Ethos Finance, Personnel and Premises in the school. All governors meet on a regular basis. any governor may also be asked to serve on other sub committees such as the Head’s Appraisal Panel, Admissions Panel, Health and Safety Crew, the Pay Committee and the Complaints/Disciplinary panel.
Governors also visit the school to look at learning.
The responsibilities of the Board of Governors include:
- Developing the strategic plan for the school.
- Determining aims, policies and priorities of the school.
- Setting statutory and non statutory targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating standards in teaching, learning and pupils’ attainment and ensuring the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements.
- Appointment of staff and ensuring the effective implementation of a range of personnel procedures, including staff and Head Teacher appraisal policies.
- Strategic management of the budget ensuring probity and that there are effective financial monitoring and reporting procedures in place.
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour.
- Ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is suitable to age, aptitude and ability, which prepares them for adult life.
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
|NAME||CATEGORY||TERM OF OFFICE||APPOINTED BY ROLE||AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY||REGISTER OF INTERESTS|
|Moira Allen||Co-Opted||13/01/2020 – 12/01/2024||TPLT||Chair of Governors||None|
|Emma Barker||Staff||01/09/2019 – 31/08/2023||TPLT||Head Teacher||None|
|William Barnard||Co-Opted||15/07/2020 – 14/07/2024||TPLT||Governor – Health and Safety||Parent|
|Denise Hurr||Co-Opted||13/01/2020 – 12/01/2024||TPLT||Governor||None|
|Sally Jeffries||Staff||15/07/2020 – 14/07/2024||TPLT||Governor||Grandchild at the school|
|Samara Johnson||Elected Parent||25/11/2018 – 24/11/2022||TPLT||Governor – Safeguarding children at school||Parent|
|Beryl Lawton||Co-Opted||13/01/2020 – 12/01/2024||TPLT||Governor||None|
|Chris Martin||Co-Opted||16/07/2018 – 15/07/2022||TPLT||Governor||Parent|
|Dan Milford||Co-Opted||09/09/2019 – 08/09/2023||TPLT||Governor||None|
|Paul Scott||Elected Parent||06/11/2017 – 5/11/2021||TPLT||Governor – Teaching and Learning||Parent|