Governance is an important aspect of school life and our governors who are all unpaid volunteers represent many aspects of the local community.
The duration of the Term of Office for a governor is normally 4 years.
Free training is available and all governors commit to undertaking relevant training as appropriate throughout the time they are in office.
We have one committee which focuses on, Teaching & Learning, Ethos Finance, Personnel and Premises in the school.
Any governor may also be asked to serve on other sub committees such as the Principal’s Appraisal Panel, Admissions Panel, Health and Safety Crew, the Pay Committee or the Complaints/Disciplinary panel.
Governors also visit the school to look at learning.
Governor meetings are held regularly, generally on the 2nd Monday of each new term in the early evening and are approximately 1 – 1.5 hours in duration.
The dates for the Academy Council Meeting for this academic year are shown below.
|Academic year: 2021/22|
|Term 1||6th September 2021|
|Term 2||1st November 2021|
|Term 3||4th January 2022|
|Term 4||28th February 2022|
|Term 5||25th April 2022|
|Term 6||13th June 2022|
|End of year||11th July 2022|
The responsibilities of the Board of Governors include:
- Developing the strategic plan for the school.
- Determining aims, policies and priorities of the school.
- Setting statutory and non statutory targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating standards in teaching, learning and pupils’ attainment and ensuring the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements.
- Appointment of staff and ensuring the effective implementation of a range of personnel procedures, including staff and Head Teacher appraisal policies.
- Strategic management of the budget ensuring probity and that there are effective financial monitoring and reporting procedures in place.
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour.
- Ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is suitable to age, aptitude and ability, which prepares them for adult life.
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
|Governor name||Type of Governor||Term of office||Area of responsibility||Business interests||Number of meetings attended in last 12 months (7 meetings held annually)|
|Moira Allen||Co-opted||13/01/2020 – 12/01/2024||Chair, H&S & Curriculum – English||None||7|
|Emma Barker||Principal||01/09/2019 – 31/08/2023||Principal||None||7|
|Denise Hurr||Co-opted – RESIGNED||13/01/2020 – 12/01/2024||None||4|
|Sally Jeffries||Staff||15/07/2020 – 14/07/2024||Staff||None||7|
|Samara Johnson||Elected Parent – RESIGNED||25/11/2018 – 24/11/2022||None||6|
|Chris Martin||Co-opted||16/07/2018 – 15/07/2022||Data||None||3|
|Paul Scott||Elected Parent||06/11/2017 – 05/11/2021||SEND||None||3|
|Dan Milford||Secondary school appointee||09/09/2019 – 08/09/2023||Secondary school appointee||None||6|
|Judith Ballard||Co-opted||22/01/2021 – 21/01/2025||Curriculum – Maths||None||4|
|Lewis Plume||Elected Parent||14/06/2021 – 13/06/2025||GDPR & Curriculum – STEM||None||2|
|Natalie Baker||Elected Parent||14/06/2021 – 13/06/2025||Safeguarding & Pupil Premium||None||2|
|Kelly Podbury||Clerk to the Academy Council||Appointed 01/09/2020||7|
If you would like to find out more information and become involved please contact:
Moira Allen, Chair to the Academy Council
c/o Pawlett Primary School Academy, Gaunts Road, Pawlett TA6 4SB
Tel: 01278 684 151 or by email: email@example.com